- Fursuit Heads and Masks HEY! THIS IS IMPORTANT!
- DO NOT GO TO THE CASINO FLOOR WITH YOUR FACE COVERED BY ANYTHING.
You may not wear any sort of mask or full fursuit head into the casino area. Casino security will quickly find you (there are cameras everywhere), and escort you away. They may kick you out of the building, and we won’t even try to stop them.
This rule only applies to the casino area; hallways are fine.
If you want to take your head off, you can break the magic wherever you like. The casino only cares about seeing your face.
- Casino You must be 21 to gamble.
- This convention is taking place inside a casino-hotel.
For the convenience of our attendees under 21, the convention space is not in the casino area. Individuals under 21 are not allowed in the casino area, but you may walk around the casino area to get to restaurants and other businesses within the hotel.
If you are 21 or older, you are welcome to visit the casino and partake in some gambling at any point during your stay.
Attendees may not gamble in the convention space; state law requires gambling to occur in licensed casino areas.
- General Conduct Keep it legal.
- This is an all-ages family-convention; please keep your dress and behavior in line with this fact. If you are doing or wearing anything offensive, obscene, or disruptive, you may be asked to leave. If you are asked to leave repeatedly, your badge may be revoked.
Obey all laws. If it’s not legal for you to do it anywhere else, it’s not legal here.
Please don’t ignore any reasonable request by the staff. Please don’t block any doors. If you’re in a line and the line goes past a door, please leave a space for the door. Please don’t block pathways and high-traffic areas; step to the side.
Do not display, draw conspicuously, or otherwise ‘have out’ any sexually explicit or adult artwork that you may have purchased or brought with you. Please be mindful of the safety of yourself and others; don’t throw things, don’t tackle people from behind, etc.
No panhandling. No selling anything unless you are an authorized dealer or artist. If you want to sell things, please talk to the staff and we will help you obtain a temporary Reno business license (it’s pretty easy). Note that because of state laws, you cannot sell raffle or drawing tickets.
- Heckling Be nice.
- Please keep your comments to yourself. Please don’t heckle the stage. Please don’t heckle the fursuiters. Please don’t heckle anyone. It’s not funny and falls under disruptive behavior.
- Alcohol Drink Responsibly.
- Alcohol is allowed inside the convention space. In fact, there will be a bar for your convenience, with special drinks just for us!
If you drink, don’t drive! Please have a designated driver or a hotel room. The convention center staff will be happy to call you a cab if you need one.
Some convention attendees are under 21, and they obviously are not allowed to consume alcohol. Don’t let them.
Lastly, please drink responsibly. Babysitting someone who has had too much is a huge drag for everyone.
- Other Mind-Altering Substances Don’t do drugs.
- Drugs (other than alcohol) are not allowed in the hotel, or in the convention space. Hotel security will eject you from the hotel without a refund if you possess illegal drugs.
The authorities will be called and the hotel/casino will be informed in the event of:
- A minor caught intoxicated or in the possession of alcohol
- Any illegal drug use, sales or possession
Don’t do any of it. Your money will not be refunded.
- Elevators Elevators are not toys.
- We understand. You like to press the shiny buttons. DON’T. The only button on the elevator you need to press is the one that belongs to your floor. Don’t make someone wait for three hours by pressing all the buttons.
- Hotel Keep the hotel clean.
- Remember that there are other guests in the hotel who are not furries. Please remember that your behavior and appearance will be their first impression of the furry fandom. Respect their personal space; don’t approach them unless they invite you for a picture/hug/etc. Fursuiters: go out with a handler until you have assessed the crowds.
If you are hosting a room party, please remember that the person who is renting the room is responsible for anything that happens at your party. This includes responsibility for any damage or clean-up costs and checking IDs if you’re serving alcohol or doing 18+ activities. The hotel personnel can shut down your party if it is too disruptive to the other guests.
Don’t ruin the fun for everyone else. Please be nice to the building and the property. Don’t write on the walls. Don’t chew on the furniture. Don’t rip up the carpets or claw the walls.
- Rough Housing Play nice.
- Please act responsibly! We are all here to have fun but we also recognize that things can get out of hand very quickly. Please keep it out of the dealer area, out of the game area, away from the stage, and out of any crowded areas. No place left to do it? Then don’t do it! If security thinks you’re causing a danger to yourself or anyone around you then you will be asked to stop. If it continues, you will be asked to leave.
- Prop Weapons/Weapons No prop or real weapons.
- This is a casino; they take weapons very seriously. The hotel has stated that no prop weapons of any kind are allowed (and definitely no real weapons). Water guns, nerf guns, air soft guns, silly string, or any other projectiles are also not allowed in the convention area; it’s too easy for them to damage hotel property or other guests’ property.
If you have any doubts, ask a staff member before bringing your props to the convention area.
If an item is dangerous to carry around in a crowd due to size, weight, pointiness, etc, you will be asked to put it in your hotel room or car and not carry it around the convention.
Carrying an unsafe prop is grounds for removal from the convention. Swinging or throwing a prop/weapon immediately makes it and you unsafe and is also grounds for removal from the convention.
- Photography Ask before taking pictures.
- By attending BLFC, you are authorizing our staff members to take your picture in the convention area for promotional use only. You have no claim or ownership over these pictures.
If you prefer not to have your picture taken, please notify the person with the camera. We will try to respect everyone’s wishes, but if your picture has already been taken we can not guarantee it won’t be used.
Please ask before taking pictures of fursuiters or other interesting individuals; you will get much better pictures from them that way. If they decline, please don’t insist. They may be tired, hungry, or are late for a very important date. Please respect the wishes of others if they do not want to be caught on your camera.
Cameras are not allowed in some areas of the convention, such as the art auction, or the headless lounge. Signs will be posted stating “No Cameras.”
The convention will never sell or give pictures to any media entity.
- Attendance by Minors Under 16, must have guardian.
- Anyone who is between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age on the date of the convention must present a signed and notarized parental permission form unless able to produce evidence of legal emancipation. No exceptions.
Anyone who is younger than 16 years of age on the date of the convention must present the signed form and must also be accompanied by a parent at all times. Minors under the age of 16 receive a free badge with their parent’s paid badge.
Minors are not permitted under any circumstances to enter areas that have been designated for mature audiences.
- Fursuit Heads and Masks SO IMPORTANT, WE REPEATED IT!
- DO NOT GO TO THE CASINO FLOOR WITH YOUR FACE COVERED BY ANYTHING.
Please be aware that if you are wearing a mask or full fursuit head that you are not to wear it into the casino area. Casino security will quickly find you (there are cameras everywhere), and escort you away. They are within their rights to eject you from the property; don’t test them.
This rule only applies to the casino area. Our convention area is separate, and it’s easy to get to and from your hotel room, or the parking lot, without breaking costume.
- Hygiene Please bathe.
- If staff can smell you, you’re going to be asked to leave until you can clean yourself up.
For safety, please wear shoes (or fursuit paws) when walking around.
- Flyers Post flyers on flyer table.
- BLFC will provide a table for you to leave your flyers for your clubs/conventions. You are also encouraged to leave some in the registration area.
Flyers may be posted only on the walls inside our convention space, and must be posted with blue painter’s tape or velcro (velcro works better). Any flyers that are offensive, inappropriate or pornographic will be immediately removed.
You may also post a sign on your hotel room door, again only with blue painter’s tape.
- Handheld Signs No Solicitation
- Any signs that advertise services in exchange for anything of monetary value will not be allowed. These signs count as solicitation, and while they may be funny, the law has no sense of humor.
Remember, this is a family-friendly convention; please refrain from signs that could be considered offensive or inappropriate.
- Staff/Volunteer Complaints and Appeals Report rude staff.
- PLEASE tell us if there is a staff member being rude or acting inappropriately. Sometimes we don’t know what we’re doing, especially when stressed. Sometimes the department heads don’t see a volunteer’s action. We need to know. Please try to get a name.
If you think any staff member is acting inappropriately or unfairly (or you just want to complain), please report it to any senior staff member. You may not know who they are, but find a staffer and ask for one. We will make every effort to remedy the situation.
- Policy Lawyering Don’t push our buttons.
- Please don’t try to get around any of these policies on some technicality. We will work with you if you didn’t understand a policy, but we aren’t going to tolerate ‘but you said right there…’ Please don’t be a smart-aleck about the rules if we missed something, okay?
- Anything Else we Didn’t Think of We can make new rules on the fly.
- Just because it’s not listed here, doesn’t mean you can do it. Please use your head and act responsibly. If it endangers anyone, including yourself, you aren’t allowed to do it. Remember: If it’s not legal outside the convention, it’s not legal inside the convention. If a staff member decides you can’t do something, then you can’t do it!
Just because it’s not here now doesn’t mean it won’t be soon. Please read over the policies again before the convention. Rules are subject to change at any time, which includes on-the-fly during the convention due to necessity.
If you feel any of these policies are unfair, please contact staff for an appeal for change. Remember, we are willing to work with you. If you’re not sure, ASK! Staff is there for a reason.
- Liability Waiver You get hurt, it’s not our fault.
- The volunteers, staff and directors (the staff) of BLFC will make every attempt to create a safe environment for our attendees.
By attending the con, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the con and its staff of and from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses, damages, lawsuits, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, but only to the extent caused by, related to, or arising out of the work performed by the con.
Liability is limited to the cost of attendance.