2500 East 2nd Street, Reno, NV 89595
The spacious Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is BLFC’s host hotel.
Book A Room
This page will update with the booking link on December 21st at 11am Pacific Standard Time. The link will appear in this spot.
- Tip: during the initial booking rush, book your room for just yourself, and after confirmation, edit it to add roommates.
- You will be charged a deposit for the first night when you book, which is refunded if you cancel the room later.
- Your credit/debit card must have an expiration date AFTER the con.
- To book by phone, call 1-800-648-5080 and use the booking code that reveals with the booking link above.
- To book a suite, book by phone and give them our booking code. Suites are discounted a fixed percentage from their normal rate.
- If you want a suite, book a regular room first during the initial rush, then call to have them convert it to a suite. That way you still have something if the suites are full.
- If you want to be on the Hospitality Floor, book a regular room when booking opens, and we will assign you to that floor in a separate process.
- If you happen to be a smoker, and you’re willing to be right above the Hospitality Floor, please request a smoking room when you make your reservation, if you’re able. It helps us have less non-con guests on that floor.
Rooms include free wireless internet, a free airport shuttle (runs every half hour), free parking, and free bottled water in your room (refreshed daily). Thanks to the 2017 remodel, almost all rooms now have a microwave and refrigerator.
The Summit at Grand Sierra
Rooms on higher floors. Remodeled in 2013.
- 3 days: $156 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 4 days: $144 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 5 days: $137 per night, plus taxes and fees
The A Hotel
Remodeled in 2017.
- 3 days: $176 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 4 days: $164 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 5 days: $157 per night, plus taxes and fees
Prices shown are based on average per-night cost. Taxes and fees apply: Add $25/night resort fee, $2/night tourism fee, and 13% tax.
Automated emails may mention a charge for 3rd and 4th roommates, but those are waived if you book in our block.
- Debit Card Users: please click here to read this
- The hotel holds an extra $50/night from your card when you check in. If you check in using a debit card, this will reduce your available balance. It may take as many as 10 days after checkout to be returned to your account; your bank controls that, not the hotel. Tip: if you’re eating in on-site restaurants, charge to your room to utilize this tied-up money.
We’ve arranged a floor for people who want to hold private gatherings in their sleeping rooms. On this floor, everyone promises to tolerate noise and not issue noise complaints against each other.
- Don’t call the hotel to ask for the hospitality floor. They don’t have a special block set aside for it, we’re just assigning the rooms ourselves.
- Book a regular reservation for now. We will convert reservations over to the Hospitality Floor at a later time.
- By asking for this, you promise to us and all your floor-mates that you can sleep through the noise, and you won’t call in with noise complaints.
There are limitations to keep in mind:
- The floor right above the hospitality floor is expected to be the only smoking floor in the hotel, so there will be some regular hotel guests above your heads. This will probably not be an issue next year, but it is this year.
- Subwoofers are not allowed at all this year, because of the proximity to the smoking floor directly above.
- Being on the hospitality floor makes it less likely for you to get a noise complaint, but it’s not a guarantee; noise still travels through floors and ceilings.
- It’s still your sleeping room, so you are responsible for any damages. Don’t let your gatherings get out of hand.
- Make a good impression: If you see any mess in the hall, clean it up, even if the mess isn’t your fault.
- You should be able to talk in your room without yelling. If you have to yell, your room is getting too loud. This goes for music too.
- Quiet it down a bit more after midnight.
- If hotel security or FLARE tells you to tone it down, do so immediately.
- Seriously, don’t start a howl. Yelling and screaming is the quickest way to noise complaints. Save that racket for inside convention hangout space.
- There will be a person checking for con badges at the entry to the floor from 7pm to 3am. Everybody in your room must have a con badge.
By gathering together the conversation noise in one place, we reduce how many noise complaints are created, and the hotel likes that. But if you go overboard, you can still get your room gatherings, and perhaps the entire floor, shut down. KEEP. IT. REASONABLE.
- What is the Resort Fee?
- This hotel charges a resort fee in addition to your room rate, which pays for the airport shuttle, parking, pool, gym, internet, and free bottled water.
- What is the Tourism Fee?
- A fee mandated by the City of Reno for all hotels, instituted in 2015.
- Is there a ‘party floor?’
- The closest equivalent is the hospitality floor. We will open applications for the hospitality floor at a later date.
- Check in/out times?
- Check in after 3PM. Check out by 11AM.
- I require two beds.
- Write “2 beds” in the requests section. Or declare 4 people in the room. We recommend doing both.
- How many rooms?
- The hotel has 2,000 rooms. Our block has about 1200.
- I want to room next to my friends.
- After booking online, just call the hotel with the confirmation numbers and ask to be placed together.
- What’s the best way to bring in my luggage?
- You may not use the front entrance as a loading zone, and you may not use the bell carts. Please park in self-parking, and then hand carry your luggage to your room. We recommend bringing your own folding cart. Or, you can park in the front entrance, and leave it up to the valet parking and bellmen to move your car and luggage. Last we checked, there was no official fee for this service, but tips are expected.
- Can I pre-pay for my room?
- Yes, just call the hotel with your confirmation number.