2500 East 2nd Street, Reno, NV 89595
The spacious Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is BLFC’s host hotel.
Enter the Hotel Drawing
You will need to register for the convention before entering the drawing.
We are utilizing the same room drawing system from last year, but are making some key changes to our process and schedule for this year in order to better accommodate all attendees - dealers, volunteers, and regular attendees alike.
New changes for this year:
- 2020 Dealers and 2019 volunteers get early access, and should book before the first group is drawn for the best selection. Once the first group is drawn, nothing is being reserved for dealers and volunteers anymore.
- To make sure the only people entering the drawing are people who are serious about attending the convention, you must register for the convention before you can enter the drawing.
- Don’t worry, your registration is fully refundable if you don’t get drawn, or even if you just change your plans. And if you forget to ask for a refund, you’ll even get one automatically after the con if you don’t pick up your con badge.
- The first group is much larger than the remaining groups, so make sure to enter the first group for your best chances.
- Signups for the next group and booking for the current group now happen at the same time, to get the process done sooner.
And important things to remember:
- If you lose a drawing, you must sign up again for the next drawing.
- If you win a drawing, you must book your room that week; if you don’t book it, you lose it.
- If you win a drawing, you can give your booking link to a friend, or whoever is going to control your room.
- Log into registration and create an account.
- Register for the convention
- We will provide refunds to those who choose not to go if they are not selected for a room. Refunds may be requested at any time via reg.goblfc.org.
- Inside registration, click “sign up for hotel drawing.” Sign ups are accepted for one week.
- You must be 21 years old at the date of check in.
- To participate in each group, you must sign up for each group when their signups open. Your signup is not automatically rolled over if you lose a drawing, and you must sign up again.
After the Drawing
At the end of that week, names will be drawn automatically with winners emailed the same day. If you win a drawing round:
- Log into reservation site (https://hotel.goblfc.org)
- The reservation system will generate a special hotel booking link. Your link is valid until the next round is drawn. Booking links are use-or-lose. Make sure you book your room before the next round is drawn!
- You can book only one room.
- You can book your room using any credit card you like; it doesn’t have to be the one you used to sign up.
- The hotel charges a one-night deposit when you book your room. This deposit is refunded if you cancel more than 48 hours before check-in.
- Make sure to book as soon as you can to secure the room you want! Although you have won the drawing, available room types are still reduced as winners book their rooms.
- First, win a drawing, and book a regular room you can be satisfied with (in case no upgrades are available).
- Call 1-800-648-5080 with your confirmation number to upgrade your reservation.
For special areas (party floor, party-adjacent, or quiet floor):
- Select your preferred special area when booking your room.
- Or, if you already booked your room, try editing your existing reservation in Passkey to select your new room type. If Passkey won’t let you, email email@example.com with your confirmation number to request special areas, and they’ll change your reservation.
If you win a drawing round, but the days you want are sold out:
- Book whatever days you can via Passkey.
- Call the hotel to add the remaining days.
If you win a drawing round, but no longer need your room, or a friend is in charge of your room:
- Room booking links are transferable! Simply copy-paste your booking link to any friend of your choosing. The link allows one room to be booked, but that person doesn’t have to be you.
- Important: Don’t give your link to a stranger; they will see your name and address auto-populated.
- When your friend books a room using your link, they need to remove your name and address and fill in their own.
If you lose a drawing round:
- Enter the next round! You are not automatically entered; you must sign up for every round.
Room Drawing Schedule
This schedule is tentative, and may still change.
|2019 Volunteer booking:||Sep 30 - Nov 17|
|2020 Dealer booking:||Nov 1 - Nov 24|
|Remainder Open Booking:||Feb 1 - March 27|
Edit Existing Reservation
If you have an existing Passkey reservation you need to edit.
Sign up for Special Rooms
This year we are offering three special room types, which anyone is welcome and encouraged to request.
The quiet floor is for attendees that would like to avoid the noise caused by party goers on our party floor. Convention volunteers get priority on this floor.
As the name implies, these rooms are intended for those who wish to host parties. As such, it acts as our noise block. If you want to be near the party floor but aren’t hosting a party, please select “Party Adjacent” instead.
Party Adjacent Rooms
Wanna be near the parties, but aren’t planning to run any yourself? These rooms agree to not host noisy parties, and are okay being near the party rooms. The more people request this type, the better we are able to host a great party floor.
Anyone may request any of the above rooms when booking in Passkey. Please note: these special room requests are not a guarantee. If you are selected for these blocks, you will be notified via email in February, or possibly earlier.